The Globe Knot Cookbook Kit will provide you with detailed, step-by-step instructions for many globe knots which can be tied on the included Globe Knot Tools. Over 100 of the knots shown in the 200+ page Globe Knot Cookbook are new and have never before been published.
Clifford Ashley's book included ones with 16, 24, and 40 facets (or "crossings"). How about ones with 15, 18, 23, 25, 37, 39, and 42 facets? Recipes for these as well as many more are in the Globe Knot Cookbook. The knots included in this book range from 8 to 176 facets. For comparison, the largest one that Ashley published has 82 facets. Included are recipes for covering knots that will work well on cubes, cylinders and some other shapes.
These knots are fascinating and until now, complicated to tie. The revolutionary method used in the Globe Knot Cookbook makes fast work of tying these knots. This kit removes the need for the complex pin-and-corkboard method that Ashley describes.
The Globe Knot Cookbook Kit includes:
The Globe Knot Cookbook features:
- The Globe Knot Cookbook as described below
- Two different Covering Knot Tools
- One #2 threaded needle
- Enough cord to get you started
- Pin wrenches
- Spare pins
- A box for the tools
- Recipes for over 100 NEW, PREVIOUSLY UNPUBLISHED globe knots
- Recipes for 8 of the globe knots that Ashley and others have published
- Recipes for 19 more covering knots of other shapes
- An efficient and easy to use method for tying these knots
- Annotated color photographs of many of the knots that were tied from the recipes
- Detailed “how to” chapters showing the use of the Covering Knot Tools with in-depth text and dozens of photographs and diagrams.
- Over 200 pages in a lay-flat binding for easy hands-free use
The globe knots that you see pictured below are just a few of the possibilities of what can be tied using the Globe Knot Tools and the methods and recipes that are described in the Globe Knot Cookbook.
Please see the Ordering page for pricing and shipping information.
Just send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with *ORDER* in the subject line and I will get back to you within a day.
WARNING: This kit is intended for use by adults or with competent adult supervision. Small parts are enclosed - Please keep out of the reach of children.
The Globe Knot Cookbook and the Covering Knot Tools are both
Made in the U.S.A.